Form 15CB a certificate issued by a Chartered Accountant ensuring that the provisions of the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement and the Income Tax Act have been complied with in respect of tax deductions while making the payments to the non-residents. While ensuring the compliance the Chartered Accountant determines:
- Details and nature of payments made to a non-resident
- Compliance with the provisions of section 195 of the Income Tax Act,1961
- Rate at which tax at source deducted
- Applicability of DTAA
Part of Form 15CA
- Part A: To be filled irrespective of whether taxable or not and the remittance or its aggregate does not exceed INR 5 lakh during the financial year.
- Part B: To be filled when the Certificate under Section 195(2)/195 (3)/197 of the Income Tax Act has been obtained from the Assessing Officer.
- Part C: To be filled when the remittance or its aggregate exceeds INR 5 lakhs in a financial year and that remittance is chargeable to tax
- Part D: Is filled when as per the domestic laws, the remittance is not chargeable to tax